Tuesday, April 5, 2011

One of those days

So today is a blogging kind of a day. It's been a long one. Hannah's sick with an ear infection and now I've got her cold. This is after 2 rounds of antibiotics for me for unrelated sicknesses. Lovely, huh?

My kids are really good kids. I mean, I really can't complain because they're usually so sweet and mostly obedient. But today Olivia has been really giving me a hard time. Maybe it's because I'm sick. Maybe it's because Hannah's sick and Olivia wants more attention. But boy has she been a handful.

And then there's Max. Yes, Max. Our sweet little puppy that we wanted more than anything in the world. Do we love him? Of course! Well, at least the girls and I love him. Mark says Max makes him a bad person. The housetraining issues I expected. Chewing on furniture, I expected. Jumping up on us, I expected. But there are 2 things I never thought about. Him rolling in nasty smelly stuff and him getting out of our yard and running far far away.

Last week Max was neutered. He's been wearing this collar for the past week and I wanted to get a pic of him before we took it off. He really only fought it for the first few minutes then he learned to live with it.



We have a fenced in yard with a gate on the driveway. It's one of those automatic iron gates and we only recently got it fixed so that it would close all the way and with Max's cone collar, he couldn't get out of the yard. Well, of course yesterday there was a big thunderstorm with tons of wind and it broke our gate! Who would have thought?! So now it won't close all the way again but I didn't realize that until this morning when I let Max out. He went to the lake behind our house and found the nest where a neighborhood duck lays her eggs every year. And he ATE her eggs! Well, he ate at least one of them. He brought it to me like it was a present. Poor ducks!!! And of course he rolled around in it too so now he smells like rotten egg. Never mind that 2 weeks ago he rolled around in chicken parts that someone left by the lake for some insane reason. So now, literally the ducks are mad at us! They've been pacing behind our fence and quacking real loud. That's unusual for them. So I'm kinda scared to go check her nest to see about her other eggs since she's so ticked.

Now that should have been enough doggy drama for the day but this afternoon I went outside and made sure the gate was shut before letting Max out again. A few minutes later I got a phone call from our vet's office saying someone had found Max and called their number. I was like "WHAT! I just let him outside like 5 minutes ago!" so she gave me the number of the man who found him. I called and he was a police officer that lives around the corner from us. He was so nice and I told him I'd be right over to get Max as soon as I could get the girls in the van. Then he offered to bring him home to us in his car. This is a very nice policeman because Max stinks tremendously right now. So here comes the police car pulling into our driveway to bring us our dog. I have a feeling this may not be Max's final brush with the law, but I sure hope it is!

Mark came home from work a little while ago and took the girls to eat at Chili's (kids eat free there today!) He's so awesome to give me a break! He know's I'm not feeling well today and has only heard bits and pieces about my doggy delimas, but knew it was not a great day for me and he's been working late a lot lately. Our 9th anniversary was 2 weeks ago and he had flowers delivered to me at home. It was so sweet and such a surprise! I love my awesome husband!!

No comments: