Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Have you ever...

Have you ever seen someone do something and later wish you'd reacted differently? The other day my husband (Mark) and I had an afternoon date. We went to a movie by the mall and then shopped for awhile. When we were pulling out of the parking lot, the car in front of us stopped abruptly. The driver reached over and began choking the passenger. And I don't mean playing. There was some serious thrashing going on. My instinct was to reach over and honk our horn long and loud just to make them stop. When I did, they stopped and took off. It really shook me up! I couldn't tell if the driver was a man or woman...just that they were bigger than the passenger. The passenger could have been a woman or an older child. I didn't get the license plate and then I was kicking myself later for not getting it. I was so worried that the passenger was being abused and instead of doing something to help, like get the plate # and call the police, I just panicked and honked the horn, just wanting it to stop. Lord, please protect them! Anyway, just pray for them if you think about this story later.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That is crazy! & terrible! I'm sorry! But you did the right thing, i think. Just stopped it in that moment... ya know? Maybe there was more you could do? But some people wouldn't have done a THING.