Saturday, January 9, 2010

Busted

I've always thought that people who didn't have their pipes wrapped correctly and got burst pipes just didn't care about their property. Well, apparently we're those people. We thought they were wrapped well, but it looks like it wasn't enough.



When we woke up this morning we had no water. Mark looked around outside and everything looked fine. We called the water company and they said it was an area outage and the water would be back on in a few hours. Well, we decided to spend the day shopping as a family and when we got home at about 4pm, we saw a fountain springing up from the side of our house! Our poorly wrapped pipe lost the battle to the cold. I guess when they turned the water back on the damage was then obvious. And here it was, Saturday evening. NOW we need a plumber...not the best time. We got on the phone and all the plumbers were busy fixing people's pipes that had given up too. :( I kept calling people and finally found a plumber! Yay! He's Jacob at Jacob's Plumbing...great guy. I happened to catch him at the end of his last call of the day and he came right over and fixed it quickly. We highly recommend him. :)

On another note, my favorite moment of the day came when I was putting the twins to bed tonight. We always say bedtime prayers with all 3 girls in the babies' room with me & Mark. Then I read to the babies and Mark takes Cassie in her room and reads to her, then it's lights out. Tonight after reading and turning off the lights, I just rocked the babies for awhile. We sang a couple of songs and then they both laid their heads on my shoulders (believe me, they're a lap-full now). I was telling them that I loved them and then I asked Hannah if she loves Olivia. She sat up and leaned over and kissed Olivia on the cheek. Then Livy did the same back to Hannah, then they kissed each other at the same time. It was sooooo cute! I could just eat them up!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

ok your blog is so cute! great job!!! i am so sorry your pipes burst, but thankful you found a plummer!! :)

nanabarbara said...

Awww, I didn't hear the story of the Hannah and Olivia kissing... how very sweet!