Sunday, January 24, 2010

Saints in the Super Bowl?!?!?!

I must say, normally I don't care one iota about football. I mean, if I'm at someone's house and we're watching a game, I'll certainly root for the right team, but if they don't win, I really don't care. But today's Saints game was really the first outcome that I've cared about. Like I was nervous that they'd lose and I'd be sad. Funny huh? I'm still not a huge football fan or anything but I guess I'm starting to see the point of the craze behind the game. If I felt nervous, how do REAL fans feel? Anyway, this will probably be the first Super Bowl I'll really care about too. Now I can't wait!! Yay Saints!!!

We've had a great past few days. Mark & I took a trip to Shreveport together. He had a class he had to go to for work and I went along for the ride. Mom kept the girls so we had a little getaway. I know Shreveport certainly isn't the most romantic destination, but we had a WONDERFUL time! Friday while Mark went to his class, I slept in, watched a pay-per-view movie in bed then took the hotel shuttle to the nearby outlet mall. I spent most of the day there until Mark's class was done. I've never spent so much time by myself at a mall...it was great! I LOVE shopping! Then Mark & I went out to eat and walked around some. The area we were staying in was really pretty...I think it's called the Red River District. We both slept really late on Saturday morning and then drove home. So not very eventful but it was so wonderful to reconnect with my hubby. Sometimes it's like we only get to talk to each other about necessary logistics for the week with our schedules and kids competing for our attention. I loved being able to just be with Mark and spend uninterruped & unrushed time with him. He's my favorite!

Then today we had the Brumfields over for dinner and to watch the game. Our girls had a blast playing with their kids and Mark & I enjoyed having friends over. Alexis is such a sweetie and I'm really having fun getting to know her better. We're on the MOPS (Mothers of PreSchoolers) steering team together and she's such an inspiration to me. The more I learn about her, the more I'm encouraged by how real she is & her love of the Word. Although she'd probably be thoroughly embarrassed to see that she's being blogged about! At least there aren't any funny pictures, Alexis! : )

Cassie was upset until she fell asleep that the Brumfield kids had to go home. It's like anytime a friend comes over, she wants them to just move in. Ha ha! That's all for now...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

i had no idea the saints were going to the superbowl, that shows how out of the loop i am!! HAHA! Now i'm excited, though!

Glad y'all had fun in Shreveport! Love ya!