Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Stealing

Okay I don't know how to "link up" that you're supposed to with these surveys so I'll just do them and maybe one day Melissa can teach me what I'm supposed to do. : )

Opening…

Do you get regular massages?
I wish! Actually Mark got me a certificate for a spa day for Christmas, so I'll get a really good one when I schedule that. I hope I can break my day up into to mini spa days and really stretch it out.

Do you have an answering machine?
Yes, leave a message at the beep

What cuss word do you use the most?
Uuuuggggghhhh (imagine that being grunted in frustation). It's the worst I can do, kiddos are listening and copying.

Are you underweight or overweight?
Over

Can you see your veins?
Some


Favorite…

Soap?
Any of the foaming kinds

Fruit?
bananas or pineapples

Kind of red meat?
steak?

Fish?
catfish or tilapia

Candy bar?
Butterfinger


Have You Ever…

Eaten a whole bag of potato chips?
No

Eaten lobster?
Yes, but I didn't like it.

Climbed a mountain?
some very small ones, big hills?

Been skydiving?
No, don't want to do that. But I'd love to go parasailing!

Been water skiing?
No, just tubing


Do You…

Wish you could change something about your life?
Who doesn't? My weight, grow deeper in God...of course I can do things about that and I'm working on it.

Like your nose?
I like my nose just fine thank you.

Like salt and vinegar chips?
No, yuck

Eat salsa?
Yes

Own a boat?
No


What Is…

A small thing that people let slide but that actually has dire consequences?
texting while driving!!

Your most macho trait?
Macho? I have no idea. Maybe that I like to try to fix peoples' problems sometimes instead of just listening. I need to be a better listener.

The longest relationship you’ve ever had?
married almost 8 years to my hubby Mark, we were engaged for 9 months before that, and dated 9 months before that. Wow! We've been together a LONG time now.

Your most embarrassing thoughts?
If they're so embarrassing, why would I write them here?!

Your most shameful moment?
The one that comes to mind first is kind of different. It's not what I did do but what I didn't do. When my father-in-law was sick in the hospital and we knew he didn't have much time left, I really wanted to tell him how much I loved him and thank him for raising such a great family and including me in it. But I didn't want to say that out loud, like it would be saying goodbye. Or like I didn't believe he could get better...like I'd be giving up on him. I didn't say it that day and the next morning he died. I never got to. I've felt really ashamed that I didn't just say what was in my heart while I had the chance.


This/That…

Bath/Shower?
shower

Markers/Crayons?
crayons - no permanent marks

Pens/Pencils?
pens

Jelly/Cream Cheese?
jelly on toast, cream cheese on a bagel

Bagel/Toast?
Ha ha, depends on my mood. Normally a bagel.


Finish…

My greatest weakness is…
I'm always late! I don't normally make new years resolutions, but this year mine is to be a good example to my kids by being punctual. Maybe by making it about my kids, I'll be more motivated. I've been doing better!

I wish I was…
a better listener

Three things I wouldn’t do for a million dollars are…
Oh man, I just said this about something the other day and I can't remember what it was...

The oddest thing I’ve ever put in my mouth is…
Fried cricket...yes it was weird, yes I could feel the legs in my mouth as I chewed, yes it was gross but it was offered by my host on a mission trip. I couldn't say no.


Firsts…

Credit card you had?
A visa with my credit union...still have it!

Loan you got was for?
My first car - Honda Civic...still have that too.

Paycheck was for how much?
No idea, but I was working for aftercare for a daycare center so I'm sure it was very small.

Time you had stitches?
First and only time was when I had my C-section with the twins

Time you went to the hospital for something?
I don't know as a little kid, but I went as a teenager after a mission trip with salmonella...not fun. And no, it was not the same trip as the cricket!


Lasts…

List everything you ate in the last 24 hours?
chilli, king cake, cereal, milk, oranges, etc...

Last thing you used a credit card for?
clothes shopping with my hubby yesterday - we pay it off each month

What was your job previous to the one you have now?
Director of Finance at Engineering Ministries International in Colorado Springs, sounds more impressive than it is

Last thing you celebrated?
Date day! Yesterday a family friend (Ms. Edye) came and stayed with the kids so Mark & I could go spend time together. We called it "Date Day". We went to the shooting range (Mark got a new handgun and wanted to teach me how to use it), then we ate at McAlisters (yum), then we went to a movie (The Spy Next Door - sooo cute!), then we went shopping for a while. What a great Date Day!!

Last time you were at a sports bar?
Don't know that I've ever been to one.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

HAHA! You're so funny!

To link up, you just go to the site that the survey or whatever originated from (by clicking the link on my blog) & you add your blog name & the link to your blog post to their list (called a "blog hop"). It's just a cool way to meet other bloggers. =)

& the bottom of Sunday Stealing (or wherever) gives you instructions on how/where to add your link.