Friday, March 12, 2010

My Last Few Weeks

I haven't posted anything in a while. That's because my life is crazy. When I say crazy, I mean nuts! Here's a play by play of the last couple of weeks in the world of the Steudlein crew...

Monday - Olivia's sick at the end of the school day...throws up in her carseat on the way home

Monday afternoon - I clean the carseat while in the van and leave the door open for it to air out and close the door late that night

Tuesday evening - I hadn't used the van all day and Mark asks me when he gets home from work if I realize a cat is living in our van now. (We don't own a cat!)

Wednesday morning - Go to get in the van to take the other kids to school and realize that stupid cat peed in our van (specifically in Olivia's seat)...it reeks!!!

Wednesday cont. - take the kids to school (no kid is sitting in the peepee seat - Cassie's just in a regular belt which I hate because I'm a stickler for carseats). I can't get the seat out because it's in so tight. Have to go to Mark's work to get him to take it out. Put Olivia in another seat and take the car to have it detailed. $65 and hours later, the van smells nice again! Of course I'm one carseat short now.

Thursday - Mark goes on a fishing trip with the men's group at church. That night of course Hannah wakes up throwing up. After scrubbing down her room, and then my room (because I thought it would be so smart to bring her in there - remember I'm running low on sleep!) and several loads of laundry, we finally get to sleep.

Friday - Cassie is sent home from school sick. Now I'm home with all 3 sick kids and feel like I'm coming down with it myself. Great. (that was meant to be sarcastic). By late afternoon, I was having to call Mark to come home and help us. My mom was sick with it too at that point and couldn't help. Of course I couldn't reach Mark on his cell so I have to call my friend Julie and get her to call her husband to get Mark to call me. His cell was off because the battery was low. He came home late that night and took really good care of us all the next day.

Saturday - I sleep most of that day. The kids were better by then but I was zonked out!

Sunday - Still sick - Mark puts the floor mats back in the van and we realize they're peed on too. Lovely. Now it's $150 for new floor mats and another $140 for a new car seat...there's no way I'm ever putting my child in the peepee seat ever again!

Monday thru Wednesday - Still have one or more kids home from school running a little fever. Good thing I don't have much of an appetite because I haven't been to the grocery store in over a week and a half.

Wednesday afternoon - We have a bad storm in our area. It ends up being mostly wind but where our house is on the neighborhood lake, it seems like our backyard is a vortex pulling things in and letting them go when it feels like it. Our BACK yard patio umbrella decides to get caught in it (it's open) and I don't realize anything's wrong until I see our umbrella blowing across our FRONT yard like a bullet past our dining room window! I run after it and it takes me like 10 minutes to pull it back to our back yard. I can't get it to close and I have to stand inside it to keep it from blowing away again. I got it under our carport and came inside to call Mark. Shingles were falling from our roof at that point and I wanted him to come home. (My poor husband...he's so patient with me when I'm needy!) While on the phone with him I see the dumb umbrella taking off again this time down the driveway. I ran and caught it in the middle of the street. It knocked me down this time but I finally wrangled it into a wedge between a big sago palm and our fence. It was stuck there until the weather passed and Mark took care of it. Needless to say, we'll need a new umbrella for this spring.

Thursday - it finally looks like we're all well. Cassie has a friend named Kaylee over for a little while after school. Kaylee threw up all that night. I hope Kaylee's mom still likes me!

Friday - This is the first day in 2 weeks that all 3 girls are in school and none are sick!!! Yay!!! I ran a thousand errands and bought lots of groceries.

Now, life's pretty normal again. Still crazy busy but at least we're all healthy and rearing to go!

I'll write more later...the natives are getting resless in the other room. : )
~Sarah

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness Sarah!! I cannot even imagine going thorough all of that at once! You are a super mom for sure! I'm so glad that things are looking up now!

Shalunya said...

You poor thing! You've been through the wringer! Sending blessings and happy thoughts your way. Visiting from BlogHop.

Melissa said...

That is nothing but CRAZINESS, sarah! LOL. I'm glad it's all better now! WHEW! I got tired just reading that! ;) Love ya!