Thursday, March 18, 2010

We've got WHAT?!

Well, so much for being healthy again. Cassie, Olivia & I all have the flu. Great, right? This is the first year in forever that I've gotten a flu shot. So did our girls. Mark didn't. Guess who isn't sick...you guessed it...Mark. Hannah hasn't been sick either but their pediatrician wasn't too positive about her not getting it too since they're so close all the time. We caught Olivia's in time for Tamiflu to help and we're giving it to Hannah too to hopefully keep her from getting it (I didn't know you could do that). But mine and Cassie's flu was too far into it for the medicine. So Cassie & I are on the tail end of ours and hopefully Olivia's will be very short and Hannah & Mark will avoid it altogether.

Here's my recount of another lovely week...
Last Friday - Cassie started having a cough, no big deal. That night she had a fever.

Weekend - had to stay home with Cassie since she had a fever...had a mommy/daughter night that I wrote about before

Monday - I was soooo tired Monday. I felt okay but had a really hard time keeping my eyes open. By that night I was running fever too.

Tuesday - I don't remember hurting that much since my c-section (which is a totally different blog that I won't bore you with). Everything ached. Even my fingers and toes. Medicine helped for a few minutes between rounds. Horrible day. I didn't stay vertical for more than a few seconds that day. My wonderfully awesome husband stayed home from work and took care of the kiddos while I hid in the bed. He's the greatest.

Wendesday - Doctor day. I went to the doc for me first and they did a flu test and said I didn't have the flu. But then I took Cassie & Olivia to their doc and their tests were positive. She told me that I most likely had the flu too since we all had the same symptoms and those tests can be wrong fairly often. Armed with meds, we head home. By the time we get home (Mark has picked Hannah up from school) and I'm so tired, all I can do is crash.

Thursday - today I've felt a lot better. My cough is improving and I don't think I've run fever today. The girls all seem much better today too. It was hard with Mark back at work but I made it to nap time and crashed with the girls. Mark came home early and was home by the time we woke up. What a life saver! Maybe by tomorrow we'll all be fever free!! Please Lord!!

I just really want to point out that my husband Mark has been so amazing during these sicknesses lately. I mean, he's always helpful with the girls and with things around the house when I ask him. He's wonderful about letting me go out with my girlfriends too. But lately he's been extra awesome! I know it's been really hard for him to take off of work when he's not sick to take care of a sick household...knowing all the work that's piling up for him at the office. But he's been so patient with us all. Bringing us our medicines, keeping the kids quiet so I can sleep, comforting them when their fevers go up. Every now and then, I get a glimpse of him loving on our girls and it reminds me of the day after Cassie was born. We were at the hospital and he was holding Cassie while I was sleeping. He'd fallen asleep with her cuddled up on his chest. My heart was so full that day. Not only had I gained a daughter, but I'd gained a whole new part of my husband that I'd never known was there. I fell in love with him all over again that day. This week has reminded me of that. Stuff happens, kids get sick, cats pee in your car, but at the end of the day the one person I want to be with every night is Mark. It's weeks like this that remind me he's always got my back. I hope he knows I've got his back too. : )

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so sweet about Mark!

I can't believe how sick y'all have been!!! I am glad you're getting to feeling better! Will pray for you guys! :)

Anonymous said...

Forever and Ever...